Monday, May 30, 2011

This summer is finally starting to pickup a bit!

Hey all!

I am officially a sales rep for Cutco! I am super psyched about puttin on demos for people and finding the products that will best suit them and their family's needs. :]

Anywho! I am back from the annual Florida Chinese Christian Retreat at Lake Yale and am feeling like this summer might be exactly what I need.
This year wasn't the best Lake Yale Retreat and I actually didn't agree with a lot of things that I saw and experienced. This at first was really troubling but after thinking very long and deeply meditating on my discomfort I think I have come to understand myself and my background as a Chinese Christian in America in a much deeper and satisfying way than ever before.

I think also what I have gotten from this year's retreat is the urgency and necessity of integrating my faith into the secular regions of my life but not the other way around. I think I have taken my academics in one sense too seriously and in another not seriously enough. In the first sense, I have put too much emphasis and focus on the Christian Perspective academics so that I now have attempted to fully combine it with my faith which has lead my spiritual life into too strong of an intellectual realm rather than a faith based one. In the second sense, I have not been serious enough with my academics as my calling from God and I seem to have somewhat lost faith in His promises and thus lost the motivation to do my best for God and His glory. I have not been keeping up well with my side of this Covenant and think just maybe this summer is about this.

I think God right now mainly is trying to teach me to love other people at all times and not only when I can force the actions or when I like them. I think he is trying to teach me to see past any perceived faults of my fellow Christians and how to truly love them and myself for what is evidential of God's glory and to deal with the faults in a much better, Christ-like manner.

God has really thrown me for a mental, emotional, and spiritual loop but I now can more confidently trust that it is part of his crazy plan for me.

Thanks for reading this if you did!
Blog to you all again soon!

- JerBear

No comments:

Post a Comment