Monday, May 9, 2011

My Philosophy of Photography

Hey Ladies and Gents!

I know I just made a post two and a half hours ago... but I was updating my website and thought to add something to my about me. After I finished writing it I suddenly felt as though it would be a great first serious/real post.
So here we go!
(by the way, the link to my website is somewhere on that side of this blog --->)

My Philosophy of Photography:

As you may notice, from skimming through my Portfolio, almost all of my photos are centered around some sort of Dramatic Focus and there alsp aren't many "Smiley or Corny" posed pictures. I use the term pictures instead of photos or photographs because that's just it; many pictures to me are not photographs in the artistic sense. You may also notice that I take many candid shots. To me, Photography is a way to capture a moment (but not just as a simple memory): to capture the beauty of a moment, not just a plain memory or momento, but instead an interpretation of that moment.

Recently a stranger insisted that I let someone else hold my camera and take pictures of me for once, saying that when I look back it would be nice to have pictures of myself. I did not tell  the stranger at the time, but the reason I'd rather not be in pictures is that I rather store my memories in the photographs I take. I relive rather than recall those memories since they are taken and made with my perspective and vision.

I will not refuse taking group shots nor will I prohibit people from smiling, making funny faces, posing, or looking at the camera, but I will take my personal integrity seriously and find the beauty that I see in the moment. I will not just take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment