Monday, December 19, 2011

It's break! Time to party?... or not?

Salut!

It's finally Christmas break for me... and part of me doesn't want it. Now, I know that seems like a strange thing with how much I detest school work and how much I like the comfort of a home, but it makes a lot of sense to me at the moment.

I'm finding I have a lot of time on my hands that I end up just wasting... and when that time is wasted I just complain. I've been finding that I don't like all the hustle and bustle of a house full of people... perhaps I've gotten too used to living with a relaxed roommate and even more so suitemate in the dorms this year. I have been messy, all over the place, and easy-going when it comes to my personal stuff/space/room this past semester. It's been like my refuge from my attempt at organizing my life, school work, etc... and so coming back home, perhaps I was expecting the same thing...

Turns out back home there are more people and even though none of them are living in my room, they all care more about its neatness. I've been back for one night and my parents have tried to "help" me organize my stuff... the little bit that I actually brought home. My sister got back tonight, and though I love her, she has a need to organize the bathroom that I lack. It's just the little things, you know?

My dad for some reason insists on me doing everything within my power to test his new "toy" a wireless server for our printer... all the while I'm trying to talk to people, work on this blog, and do other things I had hoped to get done today. I don't even have anything to print!

Ok, ranting is done and out of the way. Now, praise and thanksgiving are in order.

I'm so thankful for the semester being over! It was stressing me out terribly... I have not felt as free as I had when I finished my last exam in a very long time! I'm also very thankful for my CAS 190 group members, who without, I would not have been able to get a 97 on the final project. I also praise the Lord for so many great newer friendships and renewed friendships in the last two weeks or so of the semester and particularly for one friend who has been exactly who I need at this time in my life. I thank Him also for the many personal struggles that He has brought me through in the last month and a bit. I am grateful for all the blessings and amenities that I have in my life... too much to even list or count. The more I think about it the more sick I am of it, but I also know that I need to appreciate what God has given me and not just complain and refuse it (something I learned from a friend :] ). I look back at old blog posts and think back to further back times in my life and realize how it's all still just building up to something: there's a waveform of sorts but it seems like either the frequency is increasing or the amplitude is... I can't tell. Maybe a little bit of both. :]

No matter what, however, I plan to make this break as good as it can be; and perhaps in order to do that I need to avoid partying hardy and just plain relaxation. I'm not entirely sure what God has in mind for me, but I know that he'll provide the peace I need and the break I so desperately need.

So for now, bonne nuit et au revoir!

- JerBear

Oh! I forgot to mention, I'm totally finally learning french and loving it! :]